Over the past two weeks, we have been the recipients of several awards. Last night, we pondered how we could express how thankful we are that others have enjoyed our blog enough to give us these awards.
DiDi suggested that we mail a case of premium quality treats to each award-giver. Bella thought that we should dress up in ball gowns and record an acceptance speech for all of our readers to see. Both ideas seemed promising.
In the end, we opted for a post honoring the kind ones who thought we were worthy of more awards. We have categorized our thanks, award requirements and nominations under each award. Here we go.
The ABC (Awesome Blog Content)
We want to thank our friends at the Seven Legged Express Journey for giving us this award. The ABC award asks the recipient to name 26 alphabetical things about themselves. See below our answers.
A= Angelic (Our humans might disagree but who cares. This is our blog)
X= If it is okay with the award committee, we’ll have to get back to you on this one.
Z= Zumba (We like to dance and be fit)
We would like to pass the ABC Award onto the following blogs:
BooksForever1Blog– Dogs, Wildlife and Freelance Writing
Darla Cooks– Out of the Heat and into the Kitchen
rumpydog-I’m a dog with a unique perspective on human life
The Kreative Blogger Award
Thank you to Spencer Angeltvedt for bestowing us with the Kreativ Blogger Award. The Kreativ Blogger Award rules state that we must list 7 things that readers might find interesting about us and nominate 7 other bloggers.
1. We are sisters but we had different litter mommies.
2. DiDi: I could have been in agility competitions but was a too little slow due to a foot problem I had as a pup. I’m better now but would rather spend my days giving advice and patrolling my yard.
3. Bella: I could have been a show dog but my coat is a lighter shade of black. My fur makes me unique but some days I do dream about winning Westminster.
4. We love to nap near each other.
5. We like eating fish with our regular kibble. A few days a week, we get to savor fruits from the sea.
6. We have two English Bulldog nephews and two Portuguese Water Dog cousins.
7. We love our humans with all of our hearts.
We would like to pass the Kreativ Blogger Award onto the following blogs:
A Walk in the Park– hand-picked, quality products for dogs
The Blog of Funny Names– Celebrating Great People With Greater Names. Updated every weekday.
jmgoyder– wings and things
WHATIMEANT2SAY– As opposed to what actually came out of my mouth…
Bucket List Publications– Indulge- Travel, Adventure, & New Experiences
Calliope’s Tablet– Musings, inspiration and everyday life
The Hot Potato Award
This award was kindly given to us by Julie of jmgoyder. There are no requirements for this award except to pass it along to bloggers that you feel are incredible and worthwhile.
The Hot Potato Award goes to:
bassasblog– Caucasian Shepherd Dog Diary
WHATIMEANT2SAY– As opposed to what actually came out of my mouth…
Cosy Travels of the Viking and his Kitten– Join us on our car trips to off the beaten track destinations!
bongodogblog– The Life of Bongo
Monica’s Tangled Web– My Keen Observations & Ironic Musings
Snoopy’s Dog Blog– Snoopy’s Story…just having fun!
Collies of the Meadow– The Lives Of Our Beloved Collies
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
We appreciate our new blog friends at Hutch A Good Life giving us this award. In order to accept it, we must list seven things about ourselves and then hand out five nominations. Since we revealed some things about us earlier in this post, we have decided to share seven things we hope will happen.
1. Humans stop fighting each other and let dogs rule the world
2. The ones we love will live forever
3. That no animal or human has to suffer
4. To publish a book with our advice and thoughts
5. We learn how to unlock the kibble container
6. Meet Oprah
7. More cuddle time with the humans
The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award goes to:
Clowie’s Corner– A Pyrenean Mountain Dog’s Perspective
One Sister’s Rant– “The race to discover answers to life’s rhetorical questions before I die, lose my mind, or forget how to spell.”
Everyday Adventures in Havachon Heaven– The Good, Crazy, & Adorable Life of One Havachon Puppy
Hound Girl– A Texas Home with a Hound From Hell
The Sunshine Award
Bella and DiDi: Water
Facebook or Twitter: Both
Bella: Playing fetch
DiDi: Digging holes
Bella and DiDi: We think we are presents and we give everyday. So we’ll pick getting presents.
DiDi: Camouflage. This helps me hide in the bushes.
Favorite Day of the Week
Bella and DiDi: Any day where we eat kibble and get to play. Actually, that is everyday.
Bella: Red Roses
DiDi: Whichever flowers are blooming in my yard.
We would like to give the Sunshine Award to:
A Grateful Man– Reflections of a grateful man about the adventures and mis-adventures of living, loving, and learning
2 Brown Dawgs Blog– The escapades of our Chesapeake Bay Retrievers…
dogdaz– A day with my zoo
Doggone Artsy Photography– Where Dogs are in Focus
The Versatille Blogger Award
Last but not least, thanks again to Hutch A Good Life for giving us the Versatile Blogger Award. We graciously accept this award. Please see our answers to the acceptance questions below.
1. Bella: My favorite possession is a green, squeaky sneaker that my older brother Marty gave me. Marty is in heaven so I cherish this toy and never let it too far out of sight.
DiDi: My favorite possession is a plush goose toy. Bella gave it to me when I turned 1. I like to lay down and hold it in my mouth like a pacifier.
2. Bella: I am most happy when I have all my humans in the house.
DiDi: I am most happy when my mommy is cooking chicken. When I was a small pup, I was on a diet of raw chicken and rice. Ever since then, the scent of chicken makes me drool.
3. Bella: I don’t dig holes anymore. Once DiDi and I were digging one huge hole in the yard and we unearthed a bee hive buried in the soil. I got stung multiple times and our daddy had to rush us to the hospital.
DiDi: I love to dig holes and have forgotten about the bee stinging incident. I don’t think the bees meant it.
4. Bella: I have finer hair than DiDi.
DiDi: My hair is thick and tightly curled.
5. Bella: My nick-name is “Ciao Bella.”
DiDi: My nick-name is “Tugboat.”
6. Bella and DiDi: We have strange sleeping habits. Often in the middle of the night, we switch beds. Sometimes, it is nice to sleep in a place with a different view.
7. Bella: Even though we are different, DiDi is my best friend. I love her.
DiDi: I would be lost without Bella. Literally, I would be lost, she keeps me from going places I shouldn’t. Also, she is a great older sister. I love her.
We present the Versatile Blogger Award to:
Thank you to all of our readers for your support. If we have forgotten someone who recently gave us an award please bark up so we can properly thank you.
Bella and DiDi
© Margot Ahlquist and Paws to Talk, 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Margot Ahlquist and Paws to Talk with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.